Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hand Warmers


It has been a bitterly cold winter here in Michigan so far, so I got really excited when I read a post on CraftSanity's blog about how to make flannel hand warmers. Such a simple idea, and simple to make, but ingenious! My hands get so cold even in my warmest gloves. These will be wonderful to slip in my gloves in the morning on my way out the door.
These are the ones Jennifer from CraftSanity made. She filled them with rice, and puts them in the microwave to get them toasty warm. Here is the link to the whole post with tutorial.

I opted to use felted sweater scraps for mine, since that is what I have in abundance at the moment. This is what mine look like :


I filled each one with rice and a gingerbread cinnamon teabag. They will be so warm and cozy. I can't wait to try them out in the morning.


UPDATE 1/26: I used them this morning (it was -3 degrees F) when I left the house and they kept my palms pretty warm until the car warmed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment